Conway Arena is confident that you will find our Learn to Skate USA Basic Skills program to be a fun and encouraging skating experience. Each skater will develop their own individual coordination and balance skills as well as learn the correct techniques of skating during the course of the session. Coaches are certified by the Professional Skaters Association as well as Learn to Skate USA! A must for your aspiring hockey player, recreational skater or future Figure Skater.
*COVID– In addition to our facility protocols- We will be limiting the number of skaters for group lessons and will be implementing traffic patterns for entering and exiting the ice surface. Please help us comply with reduced attendance by limiting your group size.
- Pre Registration is required for all classes
- Parents do not participate on the ice with their children.
- NEW* Children must be age 4 or have skating skills of Snowplow 2 or higher.
- Price includes Rental Skates each week. Hockey and Figure Skates available.
- Most Session are 8 weeks, few are 7 weeks (pro rated)
- Please equip your skater with a helmet, long pants and gloves each week for class. We will not be able to offer substitutions for items forgotten.
HOCKEY SKILLS- Perfect for those kids who aspire to play hockey or are doing a first year team, but improve their Skating skills!
Spring Session 3
|Wednesday||5:20pm-6:00pm||3/9/22-4/27/22||Age 5 and up – Basic & Freeskate Levels|
|Thursday||5:20pm-6:00pm||3/10/22-4/28/22||Age 5 and up Basic 1-5 & Hockey Skills|
|Saturdays||9:30am-10:10am||3/12/22-4/30/22||Age 5 and up – Basic & Freeskate Levels|
|Saturdays||10:20am-11:00am||3/12/22-4/30/22||Age 5 and up Basic 1-5 & Hockey Skills|
Winter Session 3
|Wednesday||5:20pm-6:00pm||1/5/22-2/23/22||Age 5 and up- Basic & Freeskate Levels||SOLDOUT|
|Thursday||5:20pm-6:00pm||1/6/22-2/24/22||Age 5 and up Basic 1-5 & Hockey Skills||SOLDOUT|
|Saturdays||9:30am-10:10am||1/8/22-2/26/22||Age 5 and up – Basic & Freeskate Levels||SOLDOUT|
|Saturdays||10:20am-11:00am||1/8/22-2/26/22||Age 5 and up Basic 1-5 & Hockey Skills||SOLDOUT|
New to our Learn to Skate Program? Here are some tips to get you started:
- On the first day of class, please check in at the front desk to receive your class and coach assignment. Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time for check in.
- COVID – 19- Please limit guests to one parent and one skater.
- Skate rentals are included in your registration fee and the front desk staff will assist you with getting the right pair of skates. We recommend beginner skaters start out with figure skates. You are welcome to use your own skates as well, but please make sure they are sharpened. Sharpening can be done in our Pro-Shop.
- We require the use of helmets during class for all beginning skaters. Please bring your own helmet. Any type of helmet – bike, ski, etc. – is acceptable. We are unable to offer helmets at this time.
- No matter what the temperature is outside, the rink stays fairly chilly. We recommend layers and either gloves or mittens. During the summer months don’t forget to pack a pair of socks!
- Parents do NOT join their children on the ice, but are welcome to watch lessons from the stands or from the lobby.
- Our sessions are generally 8 weeks long with evaluations on the 7th week. It is very common for participants to go through a level a few times before passing. Having a strong foundation to grow is more important than moving through the levels quickly.
- Please do not attend if yourself or child is feeling unwell.
- If your schedule changes, please contact the front desk at your earliest convenience. Classes fill up fast! The earlier we know to make modifications the better we can assist you. Make up classes cannot be guaranteed.
- Conway Arena plans to remain open on inclement weather days unless it is a State of Emergency. We will send out emails and post on the Facebook page if we do cancel, otherwise please plan on your class being offered.
Need More Information?: